Fall Semester Out-of-Season Plan
AACPS Athletics looks forward to offering participation opportunities, a sense of school-community engagement, and social-emotional support to student-athletes across the county this semester. After more than six months since spring season practices and scrimmages abruptly ended last March, we are honored to safely re-engage with staff and students, both on our campuses and virtually. We are transitioning to a return to high school athletics in a way that may not feel “normal,” but that excites us to move forward. We will be following MPSSAA approved “out-of-season” procedures and protocols that have been vetted by the Anne Arundel County Department of Health. We want to be clear that there is no pressure for anyone to participate in these sessions. Participation in our fall semester plans is voluntary and independent of the MPSSAA-sponsored, competitive seasons. We look forward to safely welcoming students back to AACPS Athletics!
- Points of Emphasis = Participation, School-Community Engagement, and Social-Emotional Support.
- The goal of the in-person sessions is to create safe, sport-specific, “practice-like” environments with conditioning and drills/activities. No games or contests will be held.
- The goal of the virtual sessions is to further support students through team building, sport-specific teaching/analysis, and mental and physical health activities that can be accomplished at home.
- Our county schedule is structured such that all 23 sports will be given an opportunity to participate.
- Sports will be grouped based on traditional seasons (except volleyball, which has been moved to the spring season), starting with fall, then spring, then winter.
- In alignment with the county plan, each school will create their own plan and schedule based on registration numbers, staffing, and facilities.
- For in-person sessions:
- All activity will be outside until further notice.
- Groups will be limited to 50 people and kept together.
- Attendance and tracking will follow a health department approved process.
- Everyone involved will maintain social distance of least 6 feet whenever feasible.
- Everyone involved will wear masks whenever they are not engaged in physical exertion.
- Everyone will bring their own water bottles, towels, and equipment whenever feasible.
- Every attempt will be made to minimize the need for sharing equipment. Any equipment that is shared will be sanitized between use by different groups.
- Parents, guardians, and/or fans will not be allowed to congregate at the practice sites. They are asked to stay in their vehicles while waiting for student athletes.
- Intrasquad scrimmages (within groups) may occur
- In the event of a positive COVID-19 case, AACPS will follow a set of protocols and procedures vetted and approved by the Anne Arundel County Department of Health.
- Fall Sports = October 19th through November 14th
- Registration opens by October 9th and closes at 5 pm October 15th (through FamilyID; physicals required)
- Spring Sports = November 16th through December 19th
- Registration opens by November 6th and closes at 5pm on November 12th (through FamilyID; physicals required)
- Winter Sports = January 4th through January 30th
- Registration opens by December 15th and closes at 5pm on December 22nd (through FamilyID; physicals required)
Note: In the event these plans are impacted by the MPSSAA competitive seasons
we will modify and adjust accordingly.
Use the following links for directions on how to complete student-athlete registration and get a completed physical form including the newly required Supplemental COVID-19 Questions: Family ID Instructions Physical Form Supplemental COVID-19 Questions Physical Form – Spanish Version
If you have any questions please contact Coach Arnold at email@example.com.